Crocus Group is a bereavement support service for children and young people living in the Scottish Highlands. Our services are available free of charge to young people living with grief, regardless of their location or the cause of their bereavement. We are based at the Carse Industrial Estate in Inverness. We work with children and young people between the ages of 5 and 18. Following referral and assessment, we can offer support in a variety of ways, including providing books and resources to help families at home, group programmes for different age groups, and one-to-one support. We can also offer a ‘Day to Remember’ – a special remembrance day in which small groups of children and young people of similar ages share their experiences and make memories of the person who died.
We aim to:
- help children, young people and families to understand and express their grief
- provide the child with an opportunity to meet other bereaved children
- help children and families to find positive ways of remembering the person who died
- educate children, families and the wider community about grief
- help people to talk openly about death and bereavement
- help restore confidence and self-esteem
Crocus Group is part of Highland Hospice, specialist palliative care provider in the Scottish Highlands.