Dragonflies offer families, children and young people a safe space to share their feelings and experiences, and provides creative and therapeutic activities alongside group discussion. For children aged 5-18 years, a series of peer group sessions are delivered by trained staff and volunteers across Hastings, Rother and Eastbourne areas. The project offers one to one counselling for young people aged 15 years plus, and early years support for children aged 5 years and under.
What can Dragonflies offer?
- Initial home visit and assessment
- 8 sessions of peer support groups for children and young people aged 5 – 18 years
- Bereavement awareness for parents and carers in 8 sessions of peer support groups
- One to one counselling for 15 years plus
- Signposting and support for Early Years bereavement
- Support for families coping with pre-bereavement
- Telephone and email support