Jigsaw4u is a charity dedicated to supporting children, young people, and their families, across the London boroughs of Merton, Croydon and Sutton, when someone isn’t expected to live, or following a bereavement.
- Working in partnership with other agencies to identify children, young people and families affected by terminal illness.
- Offering individual, group and family sessions to meet the child and family’s needs.
- One-to-one sessions, Family meetings and Group work to children, young people and families who have been bereaved by suicide.
- Providing Support Group/Drop in for bereaved children and young people.
- Offering advice and guidance for all family members supporting children.
- Providing consultation sessions for schools and professionals.
- A weekend where there is time to talk, grieve and celebrate the life of the person who has died. Time to form new relationships with other families and have fun.
- A volunteer ‘buddy’ scheme to help the families
- Training for schools and professionals to help bereaved families.
- On-going parent/carer support.
- Quarterly events for all the family
They have also a Loss and Trauma service for children, young people and their families who have experienced loss or trauma caused by mental illness, disability, imprisonment, divorce & separation, becoming a looked after child, moving school/home, alcohol & substance abuse and multiple losses