Levi’s Star provides a children and young people’s brain tumour education outreach support service. We offer educational advice and support for children and young people living with the effects of brain tumours. They provide:-
- Educational advice and support for children and young people who have survived a brain tumour, returning to school/college and throughout school/college.
- Access to a SEN educational specialist teacher to help families and schools/college/university identify individual needs of 5-25 year old brain tumour survivors.
- Guidance/training for teaching assistants, teachers and SENDCOs on how to implement support for children and young people living with the effects of a brain tumour.
- Free access arrangement assessments for children and young people within education and the workplace (this is where we assess the child or young person for concessions within exams, for example, reader, scribe or extra time).
- Access to dyslexia assessments for children and young people living with the effects of a brain tumour.
- Signposting to other services within your area.
They offer education support and advice to children and young adults who are receiving, or have completed, treatment for a brain tumour. There is no time limit on the support offered, as we are committed to providing the right support to children, young people and families at a time when they need it.