Luke’s provides an opportunity for children and young people to ‘tell their story’ and meet others through group work and/or one to one sessions with a Counsellor, Art Psychotherapist, Play Therapist, Family Support Worker or Youth Worker. This support helps in reducing the sense of isolation that can be experienced during a challenging time.
This service, based at the new St. Luke’s Hospice site in Thurrock, is available for any children and young people aged between 0-19 years within South West Essex.
• Art Psychotherapy
• Play Therapy
• Family Support Work
• Youth Work – which includes drop-in sessions within some schools
• Group Work – which includes a holding group and a drop-in group
• Telephone guidance and support
• Pre-bereavement support and help
• Training with schools and other professionals to provide help and advice.