This service is offered to the families and carers of our patients and we do also take outside referrals for anyone who is bereaved.
The Counselling and Bereavement Team provide:
- Telephone support
- Individual help for children, adults and other members of the family
- Small group therapies which give you an opportunity to share your feelings and experiences with others who are bereaved. We run bereavement groups
- Invitations to attend a memorial service, often referred to as Light up a Life events
- Written information about the experience of bereavement
- Advice about sources of help with the financial worries and paper work which can follow bereavement