Support for families of child loss:
– Listening to a parent’s and sibling’s thoughts and feelings via counselling and family support workers
– Peer support groups, walks and activities connecting parents, giving them a chance to talk to others on a similar journey
– Bereavement support packages and resources including books and memory making
– A range of healing wellbeing and holistic activities to help parents navigate their loss
– Practical advice for navigating the world of social welfare
– Short restorative breaks in our on-site cottage apartment
We support both parents and siblings of child loss.
Our criteria for taking new referrals for families of child loss are as follows:
– The child was aged 21 years or under.
– The timeline of loss was no longer than 5 years ago.
– There is no restriction on the type of loss including stillbirth (* 24 completed weeks), SIDs, suicide, homicide, accidental death and illness.
We consider each case on an individual basis and will make an assessment.