Zig Zag service helps children and young people through times of loss and change. They have provided flexible and effective support to hundreds of children, young people, and their families.
Zig Zag Children’s and Young People’s Service accepts referrals for children and young people with difficulties related to life-limiting conditions and bereavement. These include:
• Children/young people with family members who have life-limiting illness.
• Children/young people who themselves have a life-limiting illness.
• Children/young people who have been bereaved.
- Talking Therapy/Counselling for Young People :-We provide a safe, supportive, and confidential space for young people to explore and work through whatever is troubling them. It is a space to be listened to with acceptance, empathy and without judgement. Creative art materials may be on offer to facilitate this process.
- Play therapy uses play and/or creative arts, to provide an opportunity for children, usually aged 3-11 years, to facilitate children’s expression and communication of difficult thoughts and feelings in a safe and supportive environment.
- We support parents/carers who are concerned with how their child is coping /dealing with a life-limiting illness in the family or with a bereavement
Children can be referred to Zig Zag by health visitors, family doctors, schools and other professionals/agencies.
Direct telephone : 020 8539 5522, ext. 5843, or 4394